Simple Things welcomes all deaf and disabled festival-goers and aims to provide accessible facilities to ensure that the event can be enjoyed by as many people as possible. We are working harder than ever to make the event as accessible as possible.
We offer the following Accessible Facilities:
Free Personal Assistant Tickets
Viewing Platforms (in some venues)
Accessible Toilets (in some venues)
You will need to purchase a ticket in the usual way and then complete the accessibility form by clicking the link below:
Online accessibility form
You must pre-register your requirements for accessible facilities after you have purchased a ticket. Complete the form by 5th October. Information Packs will be sent out to anyone who has successfully registered and been approved a few days before the event.
If you require the form in an alternative format, or have any questions or comments please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0117 941 1611.
Please Note: Simple Things is a multi-venue event based in the centre of Bristol. Each venue has its own accessible facilities however, not all spaces will have specific viewing platforms or areas.
SWX is a multi-floor venue with stairs. At this time, they do not have a disabled access lift or viewing platform/area.
Colston Hall Foyer
- The foyer is completely accessible for visitors with disabilities. Lifts at both our Trenchard Street and Colston Street entrances will take visitors to all levels.
- Stairs are designed to ensure handrails and steps are as supportive and identifiable as possible for visitors who may need assistance in using them.
- The box office and bars in the foyer all have lowered accessible counters.
- Registered assistance dogs are admitted and we can look after your dog during the show if you require.
- Accessible toilet facilities are situated on Lower Ground Level, Ground Level and Level 3 and are signposted in the building.
- Transit Wheelchairs. Colston Hall has a small number of Transit Wheelchairs which are available free of charge for your use whilst at Colston Hall. To book one, please contact the Box Office in advance of the show. Please note: their Transit Chairs are not self-propelled and are not to be used at other venues.
- Mobility Scooters. Certain areas of Colston Hall are not suitable for some Mobility Scooters due to weight restrictions and space. During this festival, these will need to be parked outside but within our curtilage. If you need assistance with this then please speak to a member of staff.
As this is a festival all accessible areas will work on a first come basis. For more details please visit Colson Hall Website or contact the Box Office on 0117 203 4040
All based on the ground floor level of a music shop. They have one accessible toilet.
The Sportsman is situated uphill from Colston Hall. They have a removable access ramp at the entrance and inside they have accessible toilets. The inside area is based on 1 level.
Lakota is situated in Stokes Croft and does not have any accessible ramps to enter the building. There are two steps at the entrance. Once inside there are no lifts to floors 2 & 3 so to gain access to these, you will have climb several sets of stairs.
The Coroners Court
The Coroners Court is a temporary venue that Simple Things have licensed for the purposes of the event, therefore access is unfortunately limited on this occasion as it involves travelling up flights of stairs into each room.
The O2 has a specific viewing area that pre-registered access guests can use along with accessible toilets.
There will be an induction loop at the Main Accessibility Wristband Exchange
We welcome assistance dogs across the festival.
Please note that strobe effects may be used at this event, however, there will not be any specific announcements prior to their use.
Please note: The disabled access facilities are for festival goers with permanent disabilities – pregnant women and people with recent injuries such as broken legs, hip replacements etc do not qualify. If you have any questions that are not answered please contact email@example.com